Why your conference in circular economy will feel like a fish in water in Flanders
By 2050, our earth will be home to a population of 9.7 billion people. To ensure prosperity and well-being, we need to use raw materials, energy, water, space, and food more efficiently by closing the consumption cycle. This can be done by making the transition to a circular economy, in which raw materials are not taken from the earth over and over but remain maximally in the economy. Flanders focuses on the efficient and smart use of materials, with a preference for reusable raw materials. Our region also closes material cycles and applies new business models such as the sharing economy and product-service combinations. Your conference on the circular economy will find the ideal biotope here.
How your association benefits from our expertise
Flanders is and has always been at the forefront of developing a circular economy. Governments, companies, civil society, and the knowledge community take action together, in the field of production and consumption of goods and services, innovative and sustainable food, water and construction systems. This creates tremendous societal support for your conference.
Our partners – and therefore your partners
• Greenville (incubator for cleantech and circular economy)
• Circular Flanders: a broad partnership of governments, companies, civil society, and the knowledge community:
• TransitieNetwerk middenveld (civil society organisation)
• Vlakwa – Flanders Knowledge Center Water
• VVSG – Vereniging van Steden en Gemeenten (Association of Cities and Municipalities)
• Vlaamse Confederatie Bouw (construction industry)
• Ghent University
• Antwerp University
• Catholic University of Leuven
• Go4Circle – Belgian federation of the waste and recycling industry
• Fevia – Belgian food industry federation
• Essenscia – Belgian Federation for Chemistry and the Life Sciences Industries
• Department of Environment of the Flemish administration
• Department of Economy, Science, and Innovation of the Flemish administration
• Bond Beter Leefmilieu (Union for a Better Environment)
• Flanders Innovation & Entrepreneurship
• Agoria – Federation for the Technology Industry
• OVAM – public waste agency of Flanders (waste and materials management and soil remediation in Flanders)
• VITO – Technology for sustainable development
Would you like to know more about a successful conference on circular economy in Flanders?
Tuya is your expert.