Why your conference in cycling will feel like a fish in water in Flanders
In Flanders, which is the premier year-round cycling destination, cycling is nothing less than a religion. On our roads, home-grown talent such as Eddy Merckx, Johan Museeuw, and Tom Boonen became legends. Flanders is also home to the ‘Ronde van Vlaanderen’ (Tour of Flanders), one of Europe’s oldest – and most challenging – cycling races. For cycling enthusiasts, a conference in Flanders is nothing less than a pilgrimage to the sport’s most hallowed grounds.
On top of that, Flanders is also renowned for its innovation and research in cycling. This sector has been growing strongly since the beginning of the 21st century. Our cities pursue an active cycling policy with robust cycling infrastructure.
How your association benefits from our expertise
Flanders offers a unique business and knowledge ecosystem for the cycling industry that is unparalleled in Europe. Several universities and research institutions, industry clusters and organisations, business incubators and initiatives work hand in hand to develop new technologies, high tech equipment and innovative solutions for the different forms and types of cycling. In addition to this, Flanders offers the cycling fanatics among your delegates a unique experience: cycling through water or under a tree canopy. An additional guarantee for an unforgettable conference.
Our partners – and therefore your partners
- CONEBI – Confederation of the European Bicycle Industry
- ECF – European Cyclists’ Federation
- Cycling Flanders
Research & education
- UHasselt – IMOB, Transportation Research Institute
- Ghent University, the Department of Materials Science and Engineering conducts cutting-edge research on the safety and performance of professional racing bikes
- Catholic University of Leuven, Bakala Academy – Athletic Performance Centre
- UAntwerp, Product Development Design Research Team
- Bike Valley
- BikeVille incubator
- Eddy Merckx cycles
- Ridely bikes
Experience & training centres
- Tour of Flanders Centre, Oudenaarde
- Eddy Merckx Flemish Cycling Centre, Ghent
- Sven Nys Cycling Centre, Flemish Brabant
- Velofollies – the largest and most varied bicycle fair in the Low Countries