Food, gastronomy, beer
Why your conference in food, gastronomy and beer will feel like a fish in water in Flanders
The people of Flanders have always had a soft spot for food and flavour, and good taste is engrained in Flanders’ DNA. Here we live the good life. It is remarkable how many excellent chefs come from the small region of Flanders. Belgium has more than 100 Michelin-starred restaurants, of which 75% are located in Flanders and Brussels. And then there’s our famous fries, beer and chocolate.
A creative young generation is breathing new life into our traditions, keeping our culinary heritage vibrant and alive: small-scale microbreweries are emerging; young chefs are experimenting with local ingredients while aiming for zero waste. Chocolate makers are redefining the classic praline, and street food is taking over our streets. Sounds delicious, you say? The attendees at your conference will fully agree.
How your association benefits from our expertise
Renowned Flemish chefs, such as Peter Goossens, Geert Van Hecke, Gert De Mangeleer and Sergio Herman, work hand in hand with a generation of young chefs such as Kobe Desramaults, Michael Vrijmoed, Olly Ceulenaere, and Davy De Pourcq to innovate with food. They take into consideration the right balance between local and global. Sustainability and gastronomy go hand in hand.
At the same time, the wider food sector is working towards a more competitive, innovative, and sustainable agro-food industry. In Flanders we look for integrated solutions, innovative value chains, and system innovations in the food system. The focus is on the relationship between nutrition, health, and sustainability. Three interesting topics for your next conference about food, gastronomy, or beer.
Our partners – and therefore your partners
• Flanders Food Faculty – network organisation to promote Flanders’ gastronomy
• Flanders Food – Flanders’ Food Cluster Organisation
• Horeca Vlaanderen – Hotel, restaurant, and bar federation
• Brewers of Europe – federation of national brewers’ associations in Europe
Research & education
• ILVO – Flanders Research Institute for agriculture, fisheries, and food
• UGent – Food2Know, centre of excellence for feed, food, and health
• KU Leuven – Food Science and Nutrition Research Center (LFoRCe)
• UAntwerpen – Research group NatuRa (Natural Products & Food Research and Analysis)
• VIVES University College – expertise centre for agro- and biotechnology
• Inagro – knowledge partner for agricultural and horticultural businesses
• Fevia – Belgian food industry federation
• Brewers: AB InBev, Duvel Moortgat, Alken-Maes, etc.
• Chocolate: Callebaut, Côte d’Or, Neuhaus, Leonidas,, etc.
• Flemish Institute for Healthy Living
More information about a delicious conference in Flanders?
Gemmeke is on hand to answer all your questions.